What is Rosehip oil?
Rosehip oil is an incredibly nourishing and hydrating ingredient that’s derived from the hip of the rose. It’s a natural source of vitamin E, vitamin C, and essential fatty acids, which all help to repair and regenerate skin. In addition to this, rosehip oil is also a potent source of antioxidants that help to improve skin’s texture and fight off signs of ageing.
What is in the Rosehip oil?
- Linolenic acid- an omega-3 fatty acid that is needed for the structure of cell membranes and helps to moisturize dry skin.
- Linoleic acid- an omega-6 fatty acid that helps cells to provide a natural barrier to environmental damage.
- Oleic acid- an omega-9 fatty acid that helps to repair tissue.
- Vitamin A- naturally occurring vitamin A that helps to prevent premature ageing caused by sun exposure.
- Lycopene- a powerful antioxidant that helps protect and repair skin from premature ageing caused by modern living.
- Beta-carotene- a source of pro-vitamin A, an antioxidant that helps protect the skin from ageing and improves the appearance of sun damaged skin.
Benefits of Rosehip oil
Anti-Aging properties – Rosehip oil is a natural source of vitamin E, vitamin C, and essential fatty acids omega 3, 6 and 9, which all help to repair and regenerate skin. In addition to this, rosehip oil is also a source of antioxidants that help to improve skins texture and fight off signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines.
Give skin a healthy glow – Rosehip oil is a great moisturizer. Using rosehip oil leaves your skin nourished and healthy, yet not oily.
Reduces sun spots and scars – Rosehip oil is great for reducing sun spots and scars. This is possible because of all the fatty acids and Vitamin A which absorbs deep into skin.
All in all rosehip oil is an excellent product to add to your skincare. Try it yourself and let us know how it worked 🙂